I have always found it hard to follow specific guidelines when creating art. When we were given fortunes from fortune cookies, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to have a lot of freedom, but I soon discovered that what I had to work with wasn't as liberating as I thought. The fortunes were relatively straightforward - at least, the ones that I got were - and I didn't know what I wanted to do. I began to take several components from various fortunes and I stuck them together to create something really cool. Its simple, yet its exactly what I wanted. I'm so pleased with how its coming along!
The first picture is the skeleton of what would become the second picture: the finished product.